Friday, September 5, 2003

Downtown Distillery

To The Distillery downtown on the Brompton, the old Gooderham and Worts brick-built Victorian factory complex, a surprising survivor from days gone by.
Pleasant sitting out in the sunshine at Balzac's Coffee shop on the south side - I managed to buy a copy of Autosport near Union Station and caught up on the racing news. The VIA and GO trains were rolling by.
I retraced my route along the Martin Goodman trail by Lake Ontario stopping for a double-scoop of ice-cream at Breyers. A quiet day on the trail but some serious in-line skaters out there including a young couple pushing a three-wheeled baby buggy at speed.
At about 15 miles this was my first proper ride of the summer - I would like to double this distance - but better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uphill Battle Tour

For their autumn tour Jack and Richard chose two Moulton bicycles to ride from near Oswestry, Shropshire to Lewes in Sussex. Rupert to join ...